I invite you to come to the Mentawai islands. Here you will have great opportunities to ride awesome waves everyday. Our surf camp offers comfortable facilities that will please your surfing dream at a very affordable budget price. We provide basic accommodation in local traditional style bungalows, have common pleasurable areas for relaxing time and provide excellent quality fresh meals. Though our facilities are simple, they supply all the comfort you need to be in perfect communion with nature. We are conveniently located at the heart of the surf breaks; having some world class quality waves just a short walking distance away. We have electricity from 6 pm to 10 am. The rooms are basic but very clean with mosquito nets over each bed. Bed sheets are changed regularly during your stay. We have fans in every room. We also have Power Jacks available in every room so you can charge your electronics. Showers and sitting “western” toilets are also part of our basics. A refrigerator for cold drinks is also available.
At our surf camp we have traditional bungalows located right on a beautiful beach at the stunning and hidden Nyang-Nyang or Masokut island. The camp can house a maximum of 10 persons and provides a traditional feel with modern facilities. The ideal Indonesian atmosphere gives our visitors a unique memorable stay. Our island offers amazing surfing opportunities with excellent breaks such as: E-bay, Beng-Bengs, Nipussi, Bank Vaults and Pitstops. You can find these high quality waves within a walking distance from our camp. With white sandy beaches, countless palm trees, turquoises waters, coral reefs and breathtaking waves, our Camp Siberut offers an exciting priceless experience.
Designed as a traditional house, this budget Mentawai surf camp features five double bunk beds in four dorm rooms and one double bed room, each room is equipped with fans and mosquito nets and plugs; some tasty recipes will keep you well fed. You usually end up sharing chats & laughs with some funny locals who often come to hang out in the comfy lounge.Two rooms with 3 single beds. Western Toilet and bucket bath.
The basics and some amenities on our nature’s retreat:
- surfboards rental.
- surfboards for sale.
- one fan per room.
- mosquito nets over every bed.
- “Western” toilets.
The most important thing, as you basically come to surf is that we have a great quality and quantity of world class waves. With 5 surf-breaks at a short walking distance from our camp, you can surf all you want, at any time you want. You can even get tired of surfing!
The following waves are located at a short walking time distance from our camp:
- E-Bay : 5 minutes.
- Beng-Bengs : 10 minutes.
- Pitstops : 10 minutes.
- Bank Vaults: 30 minutes.
- Nipussi : about 1 hour.
All Inclusive Packages!
All Inclusive Packages: This complete packages can be arranged for up to a maximum of 10 persons. The amount of days to stay at our Camp is decided by the guests although it is subjected to availability and ferries’ schedules. Below we show some examples of our all inclusive packages which were conveniently organized by taking into count the fast ferry’s schedule.
All inclusive One Week or 8 days/7 nights ( 5 nights stay at the Surf Camp + 2 nights stay at Mother’s Home Stay in Padang).
Solo traveler: the price for 1 person at the present moment is: 6,500,000 IDR or $500.00 USD. Below there is a descriptive list of all the included services.
Couples: the price for 2 persons at the present moment is: 9,400,000 IDR or $ 724.00 USD. Which will be 4,700,000 IDR or $ 361.53 USD per person. Below there is a descriptive list of all the included services.
Group: the price for 4 persons at the present moment is: 15,200,000 IDR or $ 1,169.23 USD. Which will be 3,800,000 IDR or $ 292.30 USD per person. Below there is a descriptive list of all the included services.
All inclusive 10 days/9 nights (7 nights at the surf camp and 2 nights at Mother’s Home Stay in Padang).
Solo: the price for 1 person at the present moment is: 7,300,000 IDR or $ 562.00 USD. Below there is a descriptive list of all the included services.
Couples: the price for 2 persons at the present moment is: 11,000,000 IDR or $ 846.15 USD. Which will be 5,500,000 IDR or $ 423.07 USD per person. Below there is a descriptive list of all the included services.
Group: the price for 4 persons at the present moment is: 18,400,000 IDR or $ 846.15 USD. Which will be 4,600,000 IDR or $ 353.84 USD per person. Below there is a descriptive list of all the included services.
All inclusive 12 days/11 nights (9 nights at the surf camp and 2 nights in Padang).
Solo: the price for 1 person at the present moment is: 8,100,000 IDR or $ 623.00 USD. Below there is a descriptive list of all the included services.
Couples: the price for 2 persons at the present moment is: 12,600,000 IDR or $ 969.23 USD. Which will be 6,300,000 IDR or $ 484.61 USD per person. Below there is a descriptive list of all the included services.
Group: the price for 4 persons at the present moment is: 21,600,000 IDR or $ 1,662 USD. Which will be 5,400,000 IDR or $ 415.38 USD per person. Below there is a descriptive list of all the included services.
All inclusive Two Weeks or 15 days/14 nights (12 nights at the surf camp and 2 nights in Padang).
Solo: the price for 1 person at the present moment is: 9,300,000 IDR or $ 715.32 USD. Below there is a descriptive list of all the included services.
Couples: the price for 2 persons at the present moment is: 15,000,000 IDR or $ USD. Which will be 7,500,000 IDR or $ 576.92 USD per person. Below there is a descriptive list of all the included services.
Group: the price for 4 persons at the present moment is: 26,400,000 IDR or 2,032 USD. Which will be 6,575,000 IDR or $ 505.76 USD per person. Below there is a descriptive list of all the included services
All Inclusive Package:
1) Transportation from the Airport to Mother’s Home Stay the day of arrival and from the Home Stay to the Airport the day of departure.
2) Round trip transportation from Mother’s Home Stay to Padang’s harbor.
3) 2 nights of accommodation at Mother’s Home Stay in Padang (one night before going to the islands and one night after your return from the islands).
4) the amount of nights of accommodation at Nyang-Nyang Surf Camp as described per package above.
5) 3 meals per day at the Surf Camp in Mentawai and at Mother’s Home Stay in Padang (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Unlimited Mineral Water, Tea and Coffee is also included.
6) Round trip Speed boat from Mentawai’s harbor to Nyang-Nyang Surf Camp.
7) Round trip Fast Ferry tickets from Padang’s harbor to Mentawai’s harbor in Siberut.
1) Visa payment at the airport.
2) Mentawai’s Surfer’s tax. (below you can find information about the Surfer’s tax).
3) Ferry extra-charges for Surfboards. Please check: www.mentawaifast.com
4) Rent of Surfboards. ($ 10.00 USD per day).
- Masokut and Nyang Nyang are two different names for the same island.
- For a more accurate planning, I will like to tell you that the Fast Ferry departures from Padang only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, returning on the same days.
- Siberut to Masokut charter boats are small motor boats that carry a maximum of 5 guests with their respective luggage. Very rarely and due to safety issues and only when the load regarding the passenger’s luggage is extremely heavy or bulky (by having excessive weight and volume) an extra boat needs to be recruited. Groups of 6 or more guests will require the recruitment of a second boat.
- Island to Island Boat Rental: From our Surf Camp you can rent a boat to visit the waves at the neighboring islands (Riffles, 4 Bobs, Kandui, Burguerworld, Karamba, Hideaways, A-Frames, etc.). The boats carries a maximum of five guests with their respective surf boards. The cost of the boat for a whole day will be 1,500,000 IDR which is about $115.00 USD. In one day you can visit as many waves as you can. You can share the cost of the boat with other surfers if it possible.
- Extra days to your camp stay in our all inclusive packages can always be added with an additional payment of 400,000 Rupiahs or its equivalent in US Dollars, which is around $28.60 USD.
- Transportation Services: Boats and Taxis are scheduled for the specific days a guest or a group of guests reserved. Free changes on the scheduled days of arrival and departure can be possible if all the guests included in a sharing reservation move together. Any changes that implies the recruitment of an additional Boat or Taxi which weren’t charged on the initial reservation must be paid by the guests.
- The above US dollars prices were calculated with an exchange rate of 14,000 Rupiahs per $1.00 USD.
- BOOKING: To proceed with a reservation, the guest should supply the specific amount of people visiting, as well as the expected days and duration of the visit. To hold or confirm a reservation, the client most pay in advance 20% of the total final price. This payment should be made as soon as possible through a direct deposit or electronic transference into the services provider’s bank account, or through Western Union. This reservation fee will be used to secure the accommodation and to coordinate and arrange all the logistic regarding the resources and services needed for the trip; staff, food, transportation, etc. The final Payment (the other 80%) must be provided to the service provider before the guest departures to the Mentawai Islands. Payment should be done preferably in Indonesian Rupiahs. The 20% reservation fee (deposit) will not be return to the guest if there is a cancellation before the final booking.
- If there are changes on the main plan on your traveling reservation after it has been finally and officially booked, your money will not be refunded.
(MENTAWAI SURFER’S TAX)
Conveyed to all that commencing August 1, 2016 Mentawai Regional Government through the Department of Tourism Mentawai Surfing has imposed levies Voting in accordance with the Mentawai Regional Regulation No. 2 Year 2015 on the Management and Utilization of Tourist Attractions surfing and Regional Regulation No. 8 Year 2015 about retribution Recreation and Sports.
Surfing Levy payments made directly in Nagari Bank Deposit Slip Model A Mentawai Regional Government Accounts.
Purchase Tickets and Bracelet Surfing in the Office of Tourism Information Center (TIC) at Jln Padang. Azizi No. 121 Andalas Padang and Tourism Office in Tuapejat.
Head of Tourism Mentawai
Tourism Department has put Post Officer Supervisor “Surfer Mentawai Service Officer” in Karamajat island, Pulau Nyangnyang / Mapadegat Camp, JatiTuapejat Beach, Coastal Mapadegat, Katiet, Silabu.
So that all his reports to the Supervisor Post Officer on the day of arrival of the first guests at the location before a surfing For stamp given by the clerk at a ticket so that’s when the calculated 15-day period that visit.